It is hard to be honest with someone. It is hard to look a person in the face and say, “You hurt me. You make me feel sad. You were cruel or mean. You avoid me and then act like you didn’t know I called or tried to reach out”. Being honest does often win you friends. It can be done in love but your chances of keeping that person on “your” team drop drastically. Be prepared.
However, as long as you are looking into your own “spiritual” mirror, and seeing your own faults and flaws, it is okay to be honest. Too many times today we hide behind an “unseen” curtain that we feel protects us because we feel by being “honest” we might upset someone. The truth is, you might actually help someone.
None of us see ourselves as we truly are. We see ourselves in a much better light that what we actually are. That does not mean we are “bad” people, only that we need to really look at a world around us that has covered itself in an “unseen” curtain. As long as we all smile and play nice, the world is good.
But, in reality, we are living a false life. What better friend is the friend who is truly open and honest and tells the ones they love how they feel. Has it ever made me mad or upset when someone came to me in true honesty and not just lashing at me because I made them mad? Sure, it hurt or made me mad but I thought it over and the times I WAS wrong, I was honest enough to go back and say, “I am sorry. you were right”. Did I want to? Not really but that is part of removing that “unseen curtain”.
In a world of fake smiles, fake friends, and fake people, we need honesty back. It is what made the human part of us, human.
We can start with the plus side of both of these unique devices now available to everyone.
- If your car breaks down, or gets a flat tire, you have access to use your cell. You can face book anyone, anytime from computer or phone.
- With face book, you can stay in touch with photos or messages or etc. through face book.
- With cell phones, you can send text anytime to communicate if you don’t have time to talk.
- With face book, you can share everything from Pinterest likes to recipes and the list goes on.
- NOW, with the minuses:
- You no longer have to actually visit with anyone ever because you can cell, or face book.
- you can ignore anyone, anytime because you have a cell or face book if you REALLY want to reach them.
- You can say anything that you would not have the nerve to say to their face.
- No more having to go to homes and see your friends or family, you can just face book or cell.
- Days of coffee, tea or just actual human visits are now obsolete.
- you can avoid church by watching you tube.
- Why spend quality time with your family when so much is going on with text, internet to see what the Kardashians are doing (like that really affects your life) or you can get on face book and just look at what everyone else is saying r not saying to you and you can get mad. Then you can phone or text to say your mad, whence they can avoid you and therefore, make you madder.
- People can treat you anyway they want because they never have to face you.
- Kids do not play outside anymore.
- WHEN you DO have get togethers, look around. 90% of the people there are not really visiting. They are using their cells to text, face book or check out the internet.
- The LOST art of human contact is dead.